Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Splitting Valentines Day Between My Girlfriend and My Mistress


In my last blog, Valentines Day and Cheating on Your Girlfriend, I promised to a personal anecdote about splitting Valentines Day between two women.

A while back I was dating two women simultaneously, my trademark. One was my girlfriend. The other one thought she would be my girlfriend and was aligning herself to assume that role, unknowing of the fact that position had been filled long before she ever came along.

For ease of story we’ll name my girlfriend in this story Jenny, and my wannabe girlfriend Katilynn. Now, I debated for some time to break up with Katilynn before Valentines Day ever came along, but I was fond of her so I wanted to keep her for a while longer.

This was against my usual standard operating procedure. Usually I make it a explicit rule that I only have one girl around Valentines Day, but against my better judgment I decided to try to split V day between the two of them.

At this point a little back story is necessary for you to have full grasp of the situation. Jenny lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I had been living as well. After we got together and were dating for a while I moved back to Los Angeles. We decided to try and maintain the long distance relationship, which was pretty sweet for me since she couldn’t really keep an eye on me. Which meant I could freelance all I wanted without any repercussions, a cheaters dream scenario.

Then I met Katilynn in LA and in no time we hooked up as well. I happened to like her more than I usually like a secondary woman, which turned out to be my mistake. Fast forward to Valentines Day… I had two women with equal anticipation that I would be their one and only Valentines Day sweetheart in two different cities 500+ miles apart.

They both expected something special from me and I was intent on delivering for both of them.You’re starting to feel my dilemma now, huh? But, for some inane reason I assumed I could pull this off, pretty arrogant, but that’s just the way I roll sometimes. One of these days I will learn my lesson I’m sure.

My only saving grace was that V Day fell on weekday, meaning a work day. Plus, it was also a pretty safe scenario since the dates would take place in cities great distances apart, so there would be no chance of getting seen by anyone that could expose me. That’s what put it over the top, no worries of getting caught, I could make both women happy, and I would be the Casanova of the year for this one, or so I thought.

I told Katilynn I would take her out Valentines evening, while I planned to fly up to the bay and see Jenny during the day. I told Jenny I would take the day off and fly up the night before so I could spend the special day with her. I wanted to make it sound more extravagant distract her from thinking about why I’d be missing Valentines night.

Our Valentines Day together in San Francisco which went off without a hitch, it was a wonderful day between two lovers.

Here’s where the drama ensues…

My flight back to LA left at 6 pm, so I assumed I’d be back by 7:45 at the latest. It was an hour flight which gave me enough time to get home, change and pick up Katilynn for our 8:45 reservation.

The flight was late. Each minute of the delay I was silently cursing the airline and my luck for foiling my plans. Instead I should have been cursing myself for getting into that predicament in the first place.

I got back to LA 8:30. I hadn’t been able to call Katilynn all day since I was with Jenny. No doubt she was worried and angry… that was her personality. She was really volatile sometimes, that’s what attracted me to her in the first place, but it’s a double edged sword when you mess up, which I had… big time.

I had to go straight from the airport to Katilynn’s house, unable to change or pick up her gift at my house. By the time I knocked on her door it was 9 pm. Katilynn was pissed that I hadn’t called and that we missed our reservation, not to mention I showed up with no flowers or gift.

Her fury was in its full splendor that night. At the height of her anger I was dodging a glass vase and some ceramic plates. She was so pissed she mistook some paper plates in her anger for real plates and threw those at me too, pretty damned funny. In retrospect I shouldn’t have laughed at that openly… that’s what prompted the vase.

I really had no solid explanation for my absence and tardiness. She just kept calling me an asshole for neglecting her on that day. What could I say, really that would rectify the situation? I was with my real girlfriend in San Francisco? Nah, that wouldn’t fly too well, she would have probably getting out the steak knives.

I didn’t plan ahead. I had to make up some poor conceived lie about having to help out a friend that was stuck in San Diego and needed a ride back to LA. It was all bullshit and she knew it but she was so angry it never dawned on her what other reasons I might have had for missing Valentines Day.

The second half of that Valentines Day was totally ruined by my ambitious plans. I felt Katilynn’s wrath for a couple of weeks thereafter, and I had to work pretty hard to get back into her good graces. I had to orchestrate a makeup Valentines Day date which cost me considerably more than what a regular V day date would cost, so you know it was pricey.

I learned a lesson that I already knew, never try to split Valentines Day between two women. Hopefully you can learn from my mistake.

Just to update everyone for present times, I am no longer seeing either Jenny or Katilynn. Both of those relationships ended a while back.

However, on a positive note Katilynn and I do hook up a booty call every now and then… for old times sake.

A.C.

Digg!
Add to del.icio.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've just read all your posts and I think this is a brilliant blog. I guess I'm addicted to the thrill of cheating (I'm a girl, I guess that makes me scandelous :P), but I still love my boyfriend more than anything. This is the first thing I've read which actually understands that! Nice one.